What to check to keep your email marketing activity on the right track throughout the Covid-19 pandemic?
We’ve put together a checklist of things you may need to consider:
- Mobiles – Remember that more people will be likely to open your emails on a mobile
- Outbound call to actions – People may not have access to a phone so think about alternative call to actions
- Inbound call to actions – Your own team may not have access to live chat so again think about alternative call to actions
- Security – Your own team may be working from less secure locations (i.e. home) so may not be able to access data as easily.
- Support – should a member of your team no longer be fit to work then what back up plans do you have in place to manage your email marketing campaigns?
- Do they have access to the data
- Do they know where your master unsubscribe file is and how to locate it
- Do they understand how your marketing platform works
- Do they know how your tracking links works (UTM’s)
- Do they know your brand bible
- Do they have access to your content or copywriters
- Do they know how to test emails before they send them
- Can they decide on campaigns to hold off on and campaign to send
- Do they know about upcoming campaigns and their associated timelines?
- Are the unsubscribes you received from the last campaign being processed properly so that the next campaign doesn’t hit those people.
- Are you using different applications to process personally identifiable information – if so, have you performed a DPIA (Data Protection Impact Assessment) on those applications to make sure they don’t expose your data to an unnecessary risk?
- Should your employees working from home consider using a VPN when accessing platforms where data is stored?
- Have you changed the wording in your existing campaigns to allow for extra time to deliver certain orders?
- If you are holding or planning events are they still going ahead, if not, does your campaign manager know.
- If you were planning on attending an exhibition over the next few weeks have you considered reaching out to the delegates likely to attend to schedule online meetings instead?
- If you are running a webinar, target prospects are likely to attend by email as they are more likely to have more time over the next few weeks than otherwise with exhibitions and trade shows being cancelled or rescheduled.
- Don’t just sit there – make it work.
It’s vital that we all work together and offer support to businesses in these difficult times. So we will be here to continue to help with your marketing until told otherwise. With this in mind, we’ve made a decision to offer our lowest pricing and put some packages together – some of which we can have up and running for you within 4 Hours!
Speak to our team today on 01723 800030 to discuss further or complete the form on the right for us to contact you.